We have spent the week fitting in our two new large laser cutters! One is named Fiona and one Andy, both are monsters! It has taken 4 weeks plus to get them installed, the blade beds never came so all this week I have been making custom blade beds, fitting the new large bore 150 mm extraction chimney (Mrs. Pop UP footed the ladder!). Lots of work…. but now I hope we can produce many more wooden gift cards quickly for our charity aims.
Hard to express the effort involved in doubling the workshop size, building foundations, walls, roof, electrics, fitting out inside the shelves and arch etc, purchasing new desks, laptops to drive machines, making the access paths easier to get the machines in, installation, buying new quiet fans, visiting the dump with rubbish and now finally making the custom blade beds!! When we started 3 years ago I thought 100 cards a week would be enough to make some reasonable funds for charity. Now we can easily do 100 an hour. We are decommissioning one machine, the first little benchtop “named China 1” It has done it’s service and is now moving to my neighbour next door! Massive thanks to all those who have helped in the process of expansion.
1. Foundations James Mckenzie and Martin
2. Buildings Highland timber buildings Terry Bayford Highland Timber Buildings
3. Electrics 1st phase and 2nd Simon Wilderspin
4. Paths access for machines concreate etc James Mckenzie again!
5. Laser cutters from Radecal Machines Newcastle
6. Laptops from IT Central Elgin
7. Fitting and help around Mr. Gabrielle Pretto, Mrs Pop UP and neighbour Terry.